Presentation of the Math Department at the Zagreb University Fair 2003.
There were no big changes to the presentation in comparison with the last year.
Essentialy, we still followed the following points:
- the idea is to present information about studying math as well as presenting math with an entertaining aspect
- blue and yellow as the official colors,
- two prize games: solving a recreational math problem and connecting mathematicians with their biographies,
- the leading theme "Land of Middle Math" seen as a big
as a poster at the entrance and small
(A4 and A3-size) posters in
and color as prizes in our games.
All versions of the map of the
land of Middle Math are © by Franka Miriam Brückler.
- mathematical magic tricks,
- various informational posters about the Math Department in Zagreb, mathematicians (female mathematicians, Croatian
mathematicinas), mathematical themes (symmetry, math and art,...)
- various mathematical exhibits (geometrical models, computing machines from the past,...)
- no modern computers,
- and above all a friendly and fun atmosphere created by the employees and students of our department working in
5,5-hour shifts at the stand.