Glasnik Matematicki, Vol. 49, No. 2 (2014), 369-375.
ON QUALITATIVE PROPERTIES OF SOLUTIONS OF QUASILINEAR ELLIPTIC EQUATIONS WITH STRONG DEPENDENCE ON THE GRADIENT
Department of Mathematics,
Faculty of Economics,
University of Zagreb,
Kennedyev trg 6, 10000 Zagreb,
We are interested in the
regularity of positive, spherically symmetric solutions
of a class of quasilinear
elliptic equations involving the p-Laplace operator, with an arbitrary positive
growth rate e0 on the gradient on the right-hand side.
We study the regularity of a class of strong and weak solutions at the origin. Furthermore, we find some conditions under which strong solutions are
2010 Mathematics Subject Classification.
35C15, 35J60, 45J05.
Key words and phrases. Quasilinear elliptic, positive strong solution, weak solution, regularity, classical solution.
Full text (PDF) (access from subscribing institutions only)
D. Gilbarg and N. S. Trudinger, Elliptic partial differential equations of second order, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1983.
L. Horvat, J. Kraljević, D. Žubrinić and V. Županović, Positive solutions of polyharmonic equations with strong dependence on the gradient,
Complex Var. Elliptic Equ. 52 (2007), 693-707.
- L. Korkut, M. Pašić and D. Žubrinić, A singular ODE related to quasilinear elliptic equations,
Electron. J. Differential Equations 2000, No. 12, 37 pp.
- J. Kraljević, and D. Žubrinić, Quasilinear elliptic equations with positive exponent on the gradient, Glas. Mat. Ser. III 48(68) (2013), 391-402.
- M. Pašić, Nonexistence of spherically symmetric solutions for p-Laplacian in the ball, C. R. Math. Acad. Sci. Soc. R. Can. 21 (1999), 16-22.
- D. Žubrinić, Positive solutions of quasilinear elliptic systems with
the natural growth in the gradient, Rend. Istit. Mat. Univ. Trieste 32 (2000), 65-102.
- D. Žubrinić, Solvability of quasilinear elliptic equations with strong dependence on the gradient, Abstr. Appl. Anal. 5 (2000), 159-173.
Glasnik Matematicki Home Page