Glasnik Matematicki, Vol. 42, No.2 (2007), 301-308.
THE IDEAL THEORY IN THE QUOTIENTS OF SEMIRINGS
Shahabaddin Ebrahimi Atani
Department of Mathematics, University of Guilan,
P.O. Box 1914, Rasht, Iran
Abstract. Since the theory of ideals plays an important role in the
theory of quotient semirings, in this paper, we will make an intensive
study of the notions of Noetherian, Artinian, prime, primary, weakly primary
and k-maximal ideals in commutative quotient semirings. The bulk of this
paper is devoted to stating and proving analogues to several well-known
theorems in the theory of the residue class rings.
2000 Mathematics Subject Classification.
Key words and phrases. Semiring, k-ideals, Q-ideals, quotient semiring.
Full text (PDF) (free access)
- D. D. Anderson and E. Smith, Weakly prime ideals, Houston J.
of Math. 29 (2003), 831-840.
- P. J. Allen, A fundamental theorem of homomorphisms for
semirings, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 21 (1969), 412-416.
- P. J. Allen and J. Neggers, Ideal theory in commutative
semirings, Kyungpook Math. J. 46 (2006), 261-271.
- S. Ebrahimi Atani and F. Farzalipour, On weakly primary ideals,
Georgian Math. J. 12 (2005), 423-429.
- V. Gupta and J. N. Chaudhari, Some remarks on semirings,
Radovi Matematicki 12 (2003), 13-18.
- V. Gupta and J. N. Chaudhari, Right π-regular semirings,
Sarajevo J. Math. 14(2) (2006), 3-9.
- J. R. Mosher, Generalized quotients of hemirings,
Compositio Math. 22 (1970), 275-281.
Glasnik Matematicki Home Page