The series of conferences is named after prof. Branko Najman, one of the pioneers of modern spectral theory and matrix analysis in Croatia. The first meeting in a series was a commemorative meeting for late Branko Najman. The subsequent meetings expanded the original scope to include a broader area of mathematics and its applications centered around spectral theory and matrix analysis.
Topics of the conference include all the aspects of the work of the late prof. Najman, with an emphasis on the following areas of research:
- General operators and spectral theory, structured operators and matrices,
- Indefinite inner product spaces,
- ODEs and Sturm-Liouville theory,
- Elliptic PDEs including Schrödinger operators,
- Semigroups, control theory,
- Matrix analysis,
- Numerical methods related to any of the above.
Each session of the conference will be devoted to a specific topic and will begin with an introductory lecture by a senior researcher.
The advisory board of the conference consists of
- Paul Binding (University of Calgary)
- Aad Dijksma (University of Groningen)
- Vjeran Hari (University of Zagreb)
- Heinz Langer (TU Wien)
- Zvonko Tutek (University of Zagreb)
- Krešimir Veselić (University of Hagen)
- Jürgen Voigt (TU Dresden)
Invited speakers are:
- András Bátkai
- Daniel Kressner
- Vladimir Peller
- Grigori Rozenblum
- Peter Stollmann
- Peter Šemrl
- Carsten Trunk
- Timo Weidl
For all inquiries please use the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The conference venue will be at the Hotel Adria.
The price for the conference package is 312€, which covers the accommodation costs, social programme and meals.
Limited financial support might be provided for researchers who cannot obtain funding from their home institutes.
- Jussi Behrndt (TU Graz)
- Luka Grubišić (University of Zagreb)
- Birgit Jacob (University of Wuppertal)
- Vadim Kostrykin (University of Mainz)
- Mark Malamud (Donetsk National University)
- Ivica Nakić (University of Zagreb)
- Gerald Teschl (University of Vienna)
- Ivan Veselić (TU Chemnitz)
We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of The Foundation of the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts.
The conference is organized by Departments of Mathematics of TU Chemnitz and Univeristy of Zagreb.